Online Assistant (eBay)
Why we need you:
The Richard House Children’s Hospice retail business has six busy charity shops. The shops rely on the generosity of the local community to donate goods to sell and on teams of volunteers to keep the shops trading. Some of the items donated to our shops can achieve a higher sale price if advertised on the internet on eBay.
Where you will be working:
You will be based at the hospice in Beckton working alongside other Richard House Heroes and staff in our busy fundraising and administration offices.
What you will be doing:
Under the guidance of the Area Manager you will:
- Update stock inventory
- Conduct internet research
- Photograph and list items
- Ensure sold goods are logged, packed and dispatched
- Reply online to customer queries in a timely manner
- Process returns and refunds
- Undertake mandatory training in line with Richard House policies and procedures
Who you will work with:
You will work alongside other Richard House Heroes and staff at the hospice. Suitable stock from the shops will be sent to you so there will be opportunities to speak to shop staff over the phone as well as communicate with customers on the phone and via email. You will work alongside the Area Manager who will support you in your role by providing information, advice and help to develop your skills.
What skills you will need:
Good customer service and a proficient level of IT skills would be an advantage, however training will be given. You will need to be able to work independently plus be able to hand over the work load at the end of your shift to ensure that any sold items are dealt with quickly and efficiently. We are looking for confident, friendly, reliable, hardworking, adaptable people who are willing to learn and happy to work as part of a team.
What support you will be given:
We will provide full training on:
- Required administration
- Retail Gift Aid processes
- General guidance in best practice
What benefits you can expect:
- The chance to meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team at the heart of your local community
- The opportunity to gain experience with a local charity
Minimum weekly commitment 1 x 4 hour shift
Come join our team!