Remembering Richard House in your Will is easy to do


You can leave as little or as much as you want. Every gift, large or small, will make a real difference to the lives of future generations of children needing support and care.

It is recommended that you use a solicitor to make or change your Will. They can make sure that everything has been recorded in line with your wishes and make sure that things run as smoothly as possible for your loved ones when it is time to enact your will.  Richard House are members of the Free Wills Service, which will give you the names of two solicitors near to your home who will help you make your will for free.

There are different ways you can arrange a gift to Richard House:

  • A percuniary gift is a specified sum of money.
  • A residuary gift is made from whatever is left once other gifts of money and items have been distributed.  You can leave the whole or a percentage of what is left to an individual or a charity like Richard House.
  • A specific gift is an object, like a house, land or a painting.

If you already have a will you can simply add a codicil.  Ask you solicitor to help you do this.  It is a simple way to add a gift to your existing will.  Don’t make changes to your existing will without professional help as you may invalidate it.

Gifts to charity are tax efficient.  If your estate attracts inheritance tax, any gift you leave to Richard House will be deducted before any tax liability is calculated.

Make your Will for free

We can offer you a free simple will through the National Free Wills Network.

Get your free pack today