Family Survey Results 2016
Published: August 8, 2016
In April 2016, we launched our annual Family Satisfaction Survey. Since then, we have received feedback from 30 families on the phone, in person and via an online questionnaire.
What Parents and Carers Told us:
√ 100% said that Richard House has a positive impact on their lives.
√ 100% said that accessing Richard House helps them spend quality time together as a family.
√ Families, in general, are very satisfied with their first experience at Richard House.
√ 80% said that Richard House services help them better manage the condition of their child.
√ 94% said that accessing Richard House services allows children to participate in activities or do things that they would not be able to do otherwise.
√ Many parents said that the activities children participate in at Richard House help them forget about their condition.
√ They felt that the siblings can also forget about the child’s condition when they are at Richard House.
√ Parents said that children have the opportunity to improve their skills at Richard House.
√100% said that the rest of the family can also improve their skills by accessing Richard House.
√ 88% of the respondents believed that their child has a chance to socialise with other children at Richard House.
√ They also said that the rest of the family can socialise as well.
√ 92% said that they are better able to cope with stress as a result of accessing Richard House services.
On a 1-10 scale (where 1 is poor and 10 is excellent), respondents rated the following questions as:
- Do you think that Richard House is a safe place for your child? 9.4
- How well do services meet your needs? 8.4
- Do you think that services are well-led? 9.1
- Do you think that care and services are effective? 8.8
- Do you think that staff are caring? 9.7
- How would you rate staff overall? 9.6
- Do you feel that you have been involved enough in decisions made at Richard House? 8.5
- How would you rate the professional advice you get from staff at Richard House? 9.3
- How would you rate the information you receive from Richard House about other services available to you? 8.9
- How easy is it for you to access services at Richard House? 8.2
Regarding accessibility of respite, we received mixed feedback. Some families feel that it is easy to access respite, while others told us about having to book well in advance. We have identified this area as one of our improvement priorities for the year.
Missed the survey? Don’t worry, you can tell us about your experience by filling in the questionnaire here: https://richardhouse.org.uk/our-services/family-satisfaction-survey or by contacting our Quality Coordinator, Judit on 020 7540 0237 or emailing email@example.com.