Our qualified practitioners and volunteers offer emotional support to young people, their families, carers and loved ones from the onset of diagnosis through and after their death.
This can be done through:
- One-to-one or family home visits as well as school visits for siblings
- Support via group work and workshops at Richard House
- Support in registering a child’s death, provide guidance around funerals and ensuring other family members are supported
- Access to our Rainbow Suite after the death of a child
- Inviting and supporting families at our remembrance ceremony
Memory capturing is just that – capturing the special memories that will live on after a family member has died. Our family support team is specially trained to help you put a memory box, music or book of memories together. Please speak to a member of the care or family support team if you would like to access this.
If your finding the holidays difficult here is a helpful article for you Grieving during the holidays