Collection tin coordinator
What’s the role?
We are looking for someone to collect and replace our Richard House collection tins in from local shops, pubs, restaurants and other businesses. Each year we raise around £35,000 from the hundreds of collection tins on shop counters around London so it’s a vital source of income for the hospice.
As a coordinator you will be issued a monthly list of addresses with full tins ready for collection within your local area.
You will also assist staff and volunteers with other tasks, including:
- Issuing and receiving collection tins as and when required issuing receipts for collected tins
- Dropping off all collected tins to a designated contact at Richard House
- Identifying new locations for the collections tins in your local area
What skills do I need?
- Be outgoing, proactive and highly self-motivated
- Good communication skills – face to face and via telephone
- Have the ability to use your own initiative and work independently
- Possess a good knowledge of your local community
How much time will it take?
It will take a maximum of four hours a month.