It only takes a few hours a week to make a real difference.
Our shops across East London and Essex provide regular income that Richard House relies on to help provide care for local children and support for their families. We could not operate our retail business without the amazing support and commitment of our shop volunteer teams.
“I really enjoy it here because each day is different. I can be steaming, hanging or sizing and we have just been doing the seasonal changeover for autumn. I’m from Chile so this is also a great opportunity for me to improve my English.”
– Pilar Ceron, a Richard House Hero in our Hornchurch shop
Working in a charity shop for just a few hours each week is hard work, but fun too and it’s a great way to meet new people and get retail experience. We welcome people from all walks of life and no previous experience is necessary.* You just need to be friendly and happy to perform a variety of different tasks as no two days will be the same.
Typical shop volunteer duties include:
- Housekeeping – helping to keep the shop clean and tidy
- Processing donations – sorting and cleaning donations, ironing, steaming, pricing, merchandising and display
- Donor and customer care
- Data entry and internet research
If you would like to find out more about becoming a Richard House Hero in one of our shops, here’s how you can get in touch:
- Call into your local shop for an informal chat with the shop manager find your nearest shop
- Call our HR team on 0207 540 0221
- Email our HR team
*For insurance purposes shop volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age