Lent and Easter Fundraising
Can your church help seriously ill children from across East London this Lent and Easter time?
Richard House Children’s Hospice supports children and their families in East London to lead as happy a life as possible when dealing with a life-limiting health condition. As a charity our services are free of charge to the families we support and the majority of our funding is thanks to the generosity of the public. With your help, this year we need to raise £3 million.
During this special time of reflection, we are asking church communities to consider us for their tithing and collections during services and mass. The money that you raise can help us so much.
- Hold a collection during a service or mass
- Give up and give – challenge your congregation to give up something for lent and donate the money saved
- Host a coffee and cake event to raise funds
**We often receive very generous offers of gifts or Easter eggs at this time of year, and whilst we are extremely grateful for these, unfortunately due to the nature of the conditions that our children have, we are unable to share these with them. **
Below you can see the impact of the money you raise, and how it could be used to support the children and families at Richard House.
How you make a difference
- £75 could help a family to capture the special memories and create a priceless memory box or book that will live on after their child has died.
- £150 could provide music sessions enabling children with throat tubes to communicate through sound.
- £250 could go towards therapeutic play sessions to help a group of seriously ill children begin to understand what is happening to them
- £450 could help fund a memorable and exiting day out for our life-limited children, who couldn’t travel otherwise.
We are always keen to hear the fantastic ways our supporters raise money for our hospice. Get in touch with the fundraising team on 0207 540 0228.