What we do
Support for the whole family of a child with a life-limiting or life-threatening illness. We offer an array of services for children and their families including respite, step down and end of life care.
Richard House Children’s Hospice supports children and their families in East London to lead as happy a life as possible when dealing with a life-limiting health condition.
From the moment a child is diagnosed with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition, everything changes. And these changes affect the whole family, which is why we feel it is vital to provide not only care to the child, but support to the whole family as well.
Our services are there to support the whole family, from residential clinical care, to music therapy to enable a child with sensory needs to communicate through sound, to end of life care with pre and post bereavement support for all the family.
Support for all the family (includes)
- Residential and day clinical care where children and families can receive the support they need in a friendly and warm environment.
- Activity days to give the whole family a chance to spend time together at the hospice with staff on hand to support them.
- Memorable days out for all the children who couldn’t travel otherwise.
- Creative therapy, giving a child the opportunity to explore what is happening to them in a safe environment.
- Music sessions to enable a child with sensory needs to communicate through sound.
- End of life care with pre and post bereavement support for all the family.
Kirsty our Head of Care
From operating on her toys to managing our care team, Kirsty tells all.Read More
Find out how we can support you and your family
with residential clinical care or music therapy to enable a child with sensory needs to communicate through sound, or end of life care with pre and post bereavement support for all the family.Get support